Inspired by the Marrakesh, Try The World box I recently received I decided to host a Moroccan Dinner at home. On occasion I like to change things up in the kitchen. After all, anyone can make meatballs with pasta.
You can almost smell all the spices in this post, cumin, cinnamon, mint, and lemon: these are the flavors that’s associated with Moroccan cuisine. I have the perfect dinner menu that is not only easy to make, but will make you and your date feel like you just traveled to Northern Africa!
Moroccan Dinner Menu
- Starter: Spicy Hummus with Wheat Pita Bread
- Main: Chicken Tagine with Whole Wheat Couscous
- Side Dish: Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Argan Oil
- Dessert: Orientines Cookies with Moroccan Mint Tea
Dinnerware & Tea Set
I know some of you are wondering where I found those colorful plates and tea set, right? Well after searching online for the perfect Moroccan tableware plates, I came across World Market who had the best collection for this special evening, or any colorful event.
- Porto Dinner Plates, set of 4
- White Nomad Elephant Plates, Set of 4 – World Market, set of 4
Moroccan Tea Set
- Moroccan Cast Iron Infuser Teapot
- Moroccan Tea Glasses, set of 6
- Wood and Embossed Square Metal Tray
- Antiqued Zinc Latika Tabletop Lanterns
The rest of the home decor you see I already had laying around the house.
If you’re feeling adventurous with trying your own international theme dinners, I recommend you give TryTheWorld a try. It’s one of my favorite food subscriptions. Tune in every other month and I’ll feature different themes from all over the world. In the meantime, here’s a free box offer for you to try.