Banana bread is one of my favorite breads, muffins, you name it. Not only is it a classic, but you could pretty much enjoy it anytime of the day. Recently I discovered an easy banana bread recipe and I just had to share it with you.
Now the secret to a delicious banana bread is ripe bananas. The darker the better, but if you can’t wait for the bananas to get brown, you could also use speckled brown bananas. If your bananas are still green, wait a day or two. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
For other banana recipes, click here.
Keep in mind that the bread will bake for an hour, so give yourself enough time to stick around until the bread is fully baked. It may seem like a long time, but your home will smell amazing!
Simple Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approx 2-3)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup & 1 teaspoon buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Step 1 In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Step 2 In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla
- Step 3 Add to wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Step 4 Fold in nuts or chocolate chips. Pour into greased 9 inch x 5 inch x 3 inch baking pan.
- Step 5 Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Step 6 Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan to a wire rack.